Dr. Howard Marans MD – Surgery of any kind can be a major decision. The way to feel confident about the decision is to find the best surgeon possible to aid in the health care treatment of the diseased or injured area. Finding the right orthopedic surgeon near Tustin can be a step toward returning to normal activities. The search should begin with research on the surgeons in the area.
The best way to find the right orthopedic surgeon near Tustin is to ask for referrals from a variety of sources.
- The best referrals can come from your primary care physician or health care provider. Your doctor understands your medical history and can make a sound recommendation.
- Consider finding a surgeon within your current insurance provider’s network. Finding an orthopedic surgeon near Tustin within the insurance provider’s network will reduce your out of pocket expenses.
- Consult with family, friends, and neighbors. Usually, everyone knows a person who has needed an orthopedic surgeon at some point. When a highly qualified surgeon’s name comes up in more than one conversation, consider contacting the orthopedic specialist.
- Check online resources. The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons is a great resource to utilize. The database provides lists of qualified surgeons within specific geographical areas.
Online reviews, databases, and websites allow a potential patient to check each surgeon’s qualifications and credentials.
- Online resources allow for review of the surgeon’s education, medical degrees, credentials, and any specialized training. Checking the information can help provide peace of mind to the patient.
- When picking out an orthopedic surgeon near Tustin, consider the number of years in the practice. An orthopedic surgeon who has been in the same area for a number of years will have an established consistent practice.
Time to Meet the Surgeon
After the compiling a list of qualified orthopedic surgeons near Tustin, start scheduling consultations. The face to face consultation can often be the biggest contributing factor when choosing a surgeon. As a potential patient, feeling comfortable with the surgeon and the staff is a priority for optimal health care.
- Before the appointment, make a detailed list of medical history, pain level, and any questions that pertain to the surgery.
- Ask questions about the surgeon’s experience with similar cases.
- Get a detailed timeline of the surgery, follow up care, physical therapy, and recovery.
- Discuss any pre-existing conditions that may affect the surgery. Diabetes or a trauma to the area may have specific impact on the healing process.
Best Reviewed Orthopedic Surgeon, Tustin, CA
The decision to move forward with an orthopedic surgeon should be made confidently. The right surgeon can make all the difference throughout the treatment and recovery process. Finding the right orthopedic surgeon near Tustin is just a phone call away. Dr. Howard Marans has decades of experience treating patients with a wide variety of injuries and conditions. He would be happy to meet with you to discuss your treatment process. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 714.979.8981.